SMART TV, a new digital terrestrial television service was launched today by Next Generation Broadcasting (NGB) in collaboration with Ghana Broadcasting Corporation (GBC). The service would witness a commercial roll-out come May 2010.
According to Citi FM Online:
The station would offer both pay-TV service and free-to-air service of existing local stations on the Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT) network.
SMART TV will initially air in Accra and Kumasi and would later be extended to other regions in Ghana in the near future.
The TV station belongs to a Swedish multinational company called Next Generation Broadcasting (NGB) which is partnering Fox International Channel as the only platform to provide Fox Entertainment in Ghana.
Pricing for the SMART TV digibox would start from GHC 89.
The features of the new service as advertised by SMART TV are as follows:
- No dish required
- Smart mix of local and international content
- Affordable monthly subscription of GHC19
- Convenient and easy to install
- Crystal clear picture and sound quality
- Electronic Programme Guide to plan your viewing
The TV channels advertised are:
- Foreign: FOX, Showtime, Star, TRACE Tropical, Setanta Africa, BBC News, HiNolly, HomeBase, GOD TV, Kids
- Local: NET2, Viasat1, TV3 Ghana, GTV and TV Africa.
Smart TV is set to launch in Kenya and Uganda later this year.
Last Updated on