The Huawei Y7 Prime 2018 has been launched by Huawei as a midrange smartphone with interesting specifications. An update to the Y7 Prime smartphone that was released last year, the Y7 Prime the 2018 version comes with the trending dual rear camera, runs on Android 8.0 Oreo and a 32GB internal storage space.
Hardware and Software
Running the race here is a Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 chip with Octa-core processor and 64-bit CPU architecture. The 8-cores of processor reaches a speed of just 1.4GHz with a 28nm process technology. Handling graphics is the Qualcomm Adreno 505 graphics processor.
For multitasking, 3GB RAM space is available and has a memory speed of 800MHz. In terms of storage space, 32GB is available to accommodate all files, movies and apps. You can upgrade up to 256GB using a memory card. Furthermore, the smartphone runs on Android 8.0 Oreo with Emotion UI 8.0
The Huawei Y7 Prime dual 13MP + 2MP rear shooters has f/2.2 aperture and captures 4K resolution images. The camera comes with a LED flash and other features and takes photographs of 4160 x 3120 pixels in dimension and record FHD videos of 1080 pixels at 30 frames per second. For selfies, the 8MP selfie camera has f/2.0 aperture and face recognition technology.
Powering the Huawei Y7 Prime 2018 is a 3000mAh non-removable Li-Po battery with fast charging technology. With the fast charging feature, it shouldn’t take more than 2.4 hours to fully charge up the battery from 0% to 100%.
Huawei Y7 Prime (2018) specs
- Body: All-plastic, 158.3×76.7×7.8mm, 155g.
- Display: 5.99″ IPS LCD, 1,440x720px resolution, 18:9 aspect ratio, 269ppi.
- Rear camera: Primary 13MP, f/2.2 aperture, 25mm equivalent focal length, PDAF; Secondary 2MP, fixed focus, depth sensing only. 1080p/30fps video recording.
- Front camera: 8MP, f/2.0 aperture, 23mm equivalent focal length.
- OS: Android 8.0 Oreo; EMUI 8.0 custom overlay.
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 430: octa-core CPU (8×1.4GHz Cortex-A53), Adreno 505 GPU.
- Memory: 3GB of RAM; 32GB storage; dedicated microSD slot.
- Battery: 3,000mAh Li-Ion (sealed).
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM; LTE Cat.4/5 (150Mbps/75Mbps); microUSB 2.0; Wi-Fi b/g/n; NFC (LDN-TL10 model only, ours is the LDN-LX2); GPS, GLONASS; Bluetooth 4.2; 3.5mm jack.
- Misc: Rear-mounted fingerprint reader; single down-firing speaker.