Tech, Business, travel, sex, relationships, work, religion, politics etc all have new generic top-level domain (gTLD) extensions related to them.
With the hundreds of new domain extension of existence today, choosing one that fits one’s niche perfectly is no longer a challenge. There is a domain extension for just about every sphere of human endeavours.
While there are quite a number of new domain extensions related to the field of technology, none fits better than .tech (pronounced dot tech). Not only is it short, but it also captures the essence of the tech industry in its very presence.
A good number of tech-related startups have already made good progress in terms of launching their products and raising capital for scaling further.
Current usage of .tech domains
At the time of writing, there are about 210,000 registered .tech domain names with popular ones including:
- wikihow.tech – a wiki that focuses on technology topics
- beget.tech – used by a Russian web hosting firm
- pagalworld.tech – a music & video search engine
- freeload.tech – mp3 search
- ces.tech – Consumer Electronics Show
- shadow.tech – gaming hardware/software retailer
- dealsource.tech – PC hardware and parts retailer
- minto.tech – a Japanese tech portal
- sia.tech – a cloud storage provider
- primis.tech – a video CDN service provider
- essensys.tech – a British IT company
Why make use of a .tech domain
.tech is focused on the technology industry
Availability of names: millions of excellent domain names are available without you having make-up lengthy phrases to find an ideal domain under the older domain extensions.
Short and Relevant: what could be more excellent for a domain name than combining a short word or phrase with .tech?
This would translate into a memorable domain name that is faster to recall.
In essence, this makes for smarter branding.
You can secure your .tech domain name from Web4Africa today. Web4Africa is an ICANN accredited domain name registrar that is certified to offer .tech domains.
Last Updated on