The following blog post is culled from ICTWorks.org and involves me.
Nigeria is the Giant of Africa, with 1/8 of its population and all the possibilities and problems that come with such size and diversity. It also should be the ICT leader for Africa.
Nigeria has the more mobile phone subscribers, at 68 million, than Egypt or South Africa. And more Internet users, 11 million, than South Africa, and almost as many as Egypt. But it doesn’t have the buzz of either. In fact, it doesn’t even have the buzz of Ghana or Kenya, which combined still do not compare with Nigeria’s size. Why?
Explore the issues behind Nigeria’s silence and the opportunities that do remain, at the next ICT4D Skype Chat:
- Nigeria Internet Business Opportunities
ICT4D Skype Public Chat
6pm, Lagos Time, March 26th
(find in your timezone)
Like our Twitter Chats, this will be a freewheeling conversation around our central topic – Nigerian Internet business opportunities – using the Skype Public Chat function. Be sure to get Skype to join us as we discuss:
- What are the online business opportunities in Nigeria?
- Are they greater than in Ghana or Kenya?
- How can Nigeria regain or extend her lead in online business?
This Skype chat will also feature four noted Internet experts discussing Nigerian Business opportunities:
- Loy Okezie of StartupsNigeria
- Oladejo Fabolude of Digital Crossings
- Sheriff Shittu O. of WebTrends Nigeria
- Oluniyi David Ajao of Web4Africa
So what are you waiting for? Put the ICT4D Skype Chat in your calender now!