MobileWorld magazine, a leading telecommunications publication, which focuses on Africa, has announced plans to stage its first awards for the telecommunication industry in the continent.
You can read the rest of the official press release at Mobile Africa.
Voting is open on the MobileWorld Telecom Africa Awards website. Open categories include:
- African Fixed Line Operator of the Year
- African ISP of the Year
- African Mobile Operator of the Year
- African Vendor of the Year
- North African Mobile Operator of the Year
- West African Mobile Operator of the Year
- East African Mobile Operator of the Year
- Southern African Mobile Operator of the Year
- African Regulator of the Year
- African Phone of the year
- Value added services company of the year
- Best Mobile Money Service
- Best African Mobile Content Provider
- Best African Telecom Brand
- Best African Telecom Financing Bank
- Best African Infrastructure Company
- Best African Rural Deployment
- Most Socially Responsible Telecom Operator
- MobileWorld Lifetime Achievement Award
Visit http://mwtelecomafricaawards.com/ to vote now.
David, I think they should create a category for the most irresponsible and most bogus tele-communication companies too. I guess you already know the contenders!