Uber has introduced a 24-hour telephone support service on its app, following increased demand from its users.
“We’re excited to announce the launch of 24/7 phone support for drivers and riders across South Africa! You will now have a dedicated phone support line if you need need to retrieve a lost item or need to query a trip,” the company announced in a statement.
Riders can also contact the Uber support team through in-app messaging or visit help.uber.com for frequently asked questions. In an emergency, users should still call the local emergency line (999 112 911) or use the Uber in-app emergency button which connects to Uber’s third-party security providers.
How to access customer support line:
- Open the Uber app
- Select the menu button (top left-hand corner)
- Tap ‘Help’
- Select ‘Call Support’
- You’ll then be connected to the support team
In an emergency, users can call 10111 or use the in-app emergency button which connects them to Uber’s third-party security providers.
The Fine Print
- The 24/7 phone line is for both riders and drivers – it does not support Uber Eats at this time.
- The phone support line is toll-free and you will not be charged for this.
- This feature is currently available in South Africa and Kenya.